Wednesday, May 5, 2021

CONVERSATIONS: Worms & Heaven

Brie (5 yo): Daddy, when I die, will I be eaten by worms?

Daddy: No, you won't.

B: are you sure? Will I be eaten by worms and my bones too?

D: when you die, 2 things can happen, you are either burned or buried. If you are burned you become what?

B: Ash

D: Good. If you are buried > you are  eaten by bacteria. The stuff in your intestines that turns your food into poopoo. After bacteria is done with you, you become soil. And that soil is where plants grow.

B: Daddy, what will happen to me when you die? You will leave me.

D: we won't be dying any time soon. We won't leave you.

B: But you and mommy will die.

D: One day, when you are already very old. Don't worry. We will be here for you.

B: when you are dead, can I still talk to you? See you?

D: you won't be able to to see us. But yes you can always talk to us. Praying for us. Tell us. But you won't be able to hear us.

B: Why?

D: we believe that after we die, we go to heaven, to Jesus.

B: Where?

D: In heaven. It is far from here. Where Jesus lives.

B: (crying.)

D: it's really nice in heaven. You will see all your family there. Me, and mommy. And you can see everything.

B: can you drive there?

D: Yes you can.

B: are the roads big? Is heaven big?

D: super big. Like bigger than the Philippines.

B: In different houses? Like small houses?

D: I think when we are in heaven > we all live in Jesus's house.

B: is it big?

D: very big.

B: like our house?

D: Bigger, very big.

B: (still crying)

D: You can do many things in heaven.

B: like?

D: like playing, swimming, watch movies.

B: can I watch Tannerites?

D: yes you can.

B: Ate Cait won't get mad?

D: no she won't get mad. You can even fly.

B: like in the clouds?

D: yes, in the clouds, and in the air. Everywhere. You can play all the time. And eat candy all the time.

B: (Holds her mouth)  no more dentist?

D: Ninang won't get mad at you.

B: what else can I do?

D: anything you want. You can even watch when daddy or mommy was young. Or even Ate Ava and Ate Cait. Even when you were a baby.

B: I like that. I want to see me Ates and me as a baby.

D: you can.

B: daddy. Will I still know you in heaven?

D: yes of course. We will all be together. Don't be scared. Your parents will always be there for you. We love you. Don't forget.

B: (still tearing)

D: sleep now. Don't be afraid. When you feel scared, you pray to Mama Mary. And to Jesus. They are always listening and watching you.

PS. Brie says, "Dentists are not allowed in heaven."

Conversation c/o M.A.

No comments:

Popular Posts